Arts, Crafts & Entertainment Center - The Crafts Tree
- Silk Painting
- Watercolor Painting
- Ceramics Pouring & Finishing and Handmade Pottery
- Tiffany Stained Glass Art
- Picture Framing & Matting
- Modern Sewing Machines for Do-It-Yourself Projects
- Sewing & Mending Service
- Ceramics Pouring and/or Finishing Services
- Kids Crafts Birthday Parties
- Crafts Store
- DMC Floss
- Art Supplies
- Handmade Pottery
- Wooden Gifts
- Home Decorations
- Seasonal Wares
- Bavarian Souvenirs
- and more
- Woodworking and Framing Hobby Shop
Large fully equipped hobby shop with a woodworking custom service and a skilled instructors to assist you with your projects:
- Furniture Building
- Restoration & Repairs
- Wood Carving
- Poster Mounting
- Canvas Stretching
- Oil Painting Restoration
- and a do-it-yourself workshop
- Music and Theater
- Music Lessons for Piano & Violin
- Piano Practice Room open to everyone
- Band Practice Room
- Garmisch Players Community Theater - Performing Arts
- Get involved either on stage as actor or actress (no experience required) or back stage to help with tech, costumes or, set design and construction. If you have experience directing please also get in touch.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a cancellation fee for programs?
2. What classes/programs/services do you offer?
3. Is there an age restriction?
4. May I have my artwork shipped to me?
5. What forms of payment are accepted?
6. What is the earliest/latest you may sign up for a program?
7. How can you become a contracted instructor?
8. How long does pottery take to be fired and glazed?
9. How much do classes/programs/services cost?
10. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
11. Do you have quilting equipment available for customer use?
12. Do you offer custom framing?
13. What type of art supplies do you sell? Can you order certain items if they are not available in the store?
14. Do you make banners?
15. Do you have a delivery option for your balloon services?
Hours of Operation
|Monday||1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 1 p.m. 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Sunday||12 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Federal and German Holidays||Closed|
The Crafts Tree is a Garmisch facility combining a variety of multi-crafts and entertainment programs for both Adults and Children. We're located in the basement of the Marshall Center dining facility on Artillery Kaserne. Just go down the ramp with the wooden roof visible from the parking lot behind the gas station. Our facility has both a retail crafts store and an instant photo print service and offers a great number of custom services, classes and opportunities for do-it-yourself crafters in addition to a music lesson program and a performing arts program.
Contact us for upcoming classes.
If you do not have the time to get crafty yourself, there are a great number of services the Crafts Tree can do for you, for example: framing, poster mounting, restoration, custom woodworking, furniture building/repair and upholstery, photo printing or sewing services.
Other services include:
The facility also has a portrait studio, with indoor and outdoor sittings available, and a store offering crafts, Bavarian souvenirs, supplies, and beautifully hand-made gifts. A Kodak picture printing kiosk for instant photo printing and a band practice room are also available.