- WANT TO LEARN MORE? - click here
1. Who can participate in BOSS events? All single soldiers, to include geographical bachelors and single parents stationed at USAG Bavaria.
2. How can I sign up for an event? To sign up to volunteer for an event, get in contact with your unit representative or contact us through our office.
3. How can I sign up to volunteer? Sign up on the website VMIS. From there, register yourself as a USAG Bavaria BOSS volunteer. (To learn how to use VMIS, contact Army Community Service for their next class!)
4. How can I become a BOSS representative? Consult with your unit 1sg and commander. If the unit has no appointed BOSS representative, have yourself assigned by your command and create your orders confirming you as the BOSS representative.
5. Can I get credit for my BOSS volunteer service? Each hour served as a volunteer will count toward your volunteer service medal. The amount of hours necessary for the award is 500 hours.
6. Who can attend BOSS meetings? Any single soldier or BOSS representative can attend a BOSS meeting.
7. How can I find out who is the BOSS program manager at my installation? To find your installation BOSS manager, either attend our BOSS meetings or meet in our office located in B150. You can also reach out to your unit BOSS representative for guidance.
8. What kind of activities and events is offered through BOSS? BOSS has life skills events which include hiking, skiing, snowboarding, first aid classes, financial classes and more. We wish to bring experiences to our soldiers that will not only bring culture to them, but also teach them as well.
9. How do I become a part of BOSS? To become a part of BOSS, be sure to register on VMIS as well as volunteer at some of our events. Then you can meet your BOSS representatives as well as branch out in your community.
10. Where are BOSS meetings held? BOSS meetings are held at the Rose Barracks Warrior Zone or at the Tower Barracks Heid Pond Cabin.