- Army Europe Libraries
The Library provides
- After hours book drop (in front of Library)
- Reference help
- Childrens’ area with easy readers, juvenile non-fiction, and biographical and graphic novel books
- A cozy Teens’ area with sofas and young adult materials including fiction, non-fiction, and graphic novels
- Weekly Story Hour
- Yearly Summer Reading Program
- Bi-yearly Puppet Shows
- Free Wi-Fi
- Research computers: 2
- Recreational computers: 3
- Public Printer
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
The library website is located at www.library.eur.army.mil
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
Come to the library with your military or civilian ID to register. Once registered, you will be able to create a PIN that will also allow you remote access to the library via MyAccount.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
No, there is not a limit on the number of books you can check out. There is a checkout limit of 10 movies per library patron.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
Yes, you can check out any combination of library items.
5. How long may I check items out for?
Books, CDs, and audiobooks check out for 3 weeks. TV series check out for 2 weeks and feature films and documentaries check out for 1 week.
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
Yes, you can have up to 5 items on request from other libraries. You can ask the library staff to request items for you, or you can request them yourself through your MyAccount.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
If you lose a library item, you will be asked to replace it with the same or similar item.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
Automatic emails are sent out reminding patrons of overdue items.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The library conducts a weekly Storytime for preschool children, a four-week Summer Reading Program for school age children and teens. The library has programs for Teen Read Week, Teen Tech Week, National Library Week, Military Spouse Appreciation Day and many other events that occur throughout the year.
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
Yes, the library has a wide variety of digital resources that can be used to download eBooks and eAudiobooks to phones and tablets.
Hours of Operation
FREE MATINEE MOVIES
EVERY SATURDAY AT 3 P.M. | PETE BURKE CENTER
Contact the library for details. Movies are shown on the big screen TV. Bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Children, grades 5, and below must be accompanied by an adult.