Instructional Programs - SKIESUnlimited
- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What SKIESUnlimited classes are offered?
SKIESUnlmited classes are currently offered in guitar, ukulele, saxophone and flute.
2. When does registration start and end?
Registration dates vary based on the season. Contact DSN 440-2654 or CIV 08821-750-2654 for listing of current SKIESUnlimited courses.
3. Where can I find a calendar of field trips?
The School Age Center and Youth Center offer field trips throughout the summer. The summer calendar or a monthly calendar can be requested from the program by contacting DSN 440-2654 or CIV 08821-750-2654 or picked up at the front desk in B715.
4. How do you know if the spots are all filled?
You can contact DSN 440-2654 or CIV 08821-750-2654 or ask at the front desk in B715 to find out what classes are available.
5. Is there a waiting list form?
Yes, with most classes you can sign up to be on the waiting list.
6. Does the program cost anything?
Yes, all of our current SKIESUnlimited classes have an associated fee.
7. What is the fee schedule?
The fee varies based upon the length and type of class.
8. Do you have to live on base to use the program?
You do not have to live on base to enroll in SKIESUnlimited courses, but you must be able to transport your child to and from the class if you live off post.
9. What makes a child eligible for SKIES Unlimited?
Children and youth must be enrolled in CYSS in order to enroll in SKIESUnlimited classes.
10. How do I register my child with CYS Services?
Registration for CYSS services can be completed at Parent Central Services in B723. All registration forms can be found on the website.
11. How will I be notified if a class/sport cancelled and/or was called for weather?
You will be contacted in advance if a class or sport is cancelled.
12. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
You must fill out a volunteer packet, including all required background check information. You can pick up a packet from the SKIESUnlimited Instructional Specialist in B715.
13. How can you become a contracted instructor?
Meet with SKIESUnlimited Instructional Specialist in B715 (DSN 440-2599, CIV 08821-750-2599) to receive all of the requirements to become a contracted instructor.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||2:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||2:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||2:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||2:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities