- Welcome to CYS
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is on medication; can he/she bring the medication with him/her to school?
Parents should click here for information regarding medication in DoD schools.
A parent may also contact the school nurse directly regarding requirements and restrictions for medications.
2. What happens if there is an unplanned school closure?
School closures are announced on the Garrison and Garmisch Community School Facebook pages. If the school has a delayed opening or an unplanned closure, the School Age Center will open early to accommodate children who require care.
3. How do I register my child for a school on a different installation than my home installation?
There is only one DODEA school available on the installation in Garmisch (and within the commuting area) for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. High school students have a variety of options through the Non DoDDs School program and should contact the School Liaison for additional information (insert link to email here). The NDSP website is: http://www.dodea.edu/nonDoD/
4. Where do I find the program center?
All CYS programs are located on Breitenau Kaserne. The Child Development Center and Parent Central Services are both located in B723 and the School Age Center, Youth Center, Youth Sports and Fitness and SKIESUnlimited programs are located in B715.
5. How do I register my child with CYS Services?
Registration information can be found at Parent Central Services in B723 on Breitenau Kaserne.
6. Is childcare available only on post?
Army childcare is only available on the installation.
7. How much do the different programs cost?
The Child Development Center and School Age Center fees are determined by the Department of the Army and are based upon total family income (TFI). A chart with the 9 fee categories can be provided upon request.
8. How do I decide which school on which installation to send my child to if there are multiple in my area?
There is only one Department of Defense school on the installation. The school serves children in kindergarten through 8th grade. Students in high school must register with the Non DoDDs School Program (NDSP) and should contact the School Liaison Officer for additional information.
9. Do buses take children both on and off-post?
School bus transportation is available for children that live off post. Children living on post are with within walking distance of the school.